Recycling is important to the environment. Everyone needs a substance that is operative and recyclable. Polycarbonate sheets have these qualities. They are the most adaptable materials. They are used in many industries such as mobile phones, computers, houses and many more things, etc.
Polycarbonate sheets are made from plastic. They are lightweight and luminous plastics. Polycarbonates can be easily recycled. They can be melted without losing their value and quality. The plastic cannot be resorted to its original value after melting.
The polycarbonate sheets melt into a liquid form and can be molded into a new article. They can be recycled easily in any recycling center.
The polycarbonate sheets are not biodegradable. This means that they are not vulnerable to breakdown via microorganisms. They are made of plastics that’s why. They cannot decompose themselves that’s why the recycling is necessary
Although they are not biodegradable, they are very environmentally friendly. They are environment friendly because
- They are highly maintainable
- They can be heated to their melting point
- They can be redesigned and improved
- They are recyclable
- They do not increase landfills
- They can be easily reduced
- They do not produce toxic chemicals
- They do not cause pollution
- They do not harm the environment
- They can be recycled over and over again
- They can be molded and bent
- The manufacturing process is also environment friendly
- It causes less fuel consumption
- The recycling aspect makes it cost-friendly too
- They are energy savers
- The value of polycarbonates does not lower no matter how many times they have been recycled.
- Polycarbonate is the perfect recyclable material. In fact, it is always quite welcome at recycling centers because its value does not reduce even when it has been recycled repeatedly.
However, despite recycling, there are many uses for polycarbonates. You can get creative and Do-it-yourself or DIY many things. Some life hacks are given below:
- Disk Coasters:
All the DVDs and CDs are prepared from polycarbonate. You can DIY them for coasters and rests. Paste them into the fabric or paper of your choice and make them pretty by cutting any shape. You got a cute and unique CD coaster for yourself. You can gift them as well. People always like handmade and thoughtful gifts.
- Decorative Tiles:
Old CDs and DVDs can be cut into different shapes and pieces and you can glue them to your roof or walls. You can paste them on a picture frame too. The shiny part will look like a mirror. There are so many ideas. Add some LED lights to it to make them even more pretty. Take some inspiration from YouTube and you got yourself lovely homemade DIY decorations.
- Garden labels:
You can use your old bottles and make them into fun label markers for your garden and plants. You just need some scissors and supervision in case of minors. You can paint them, decorate them like cookies and assign them to your favorite plants. Again, this can be used as a gift too.
You can cut your old bottles to make them into unique plant pots for flowers and your favorite plants. You can also use old sheets to glue them and transform them into a good plant pot. They are good for greenhouses, so they will make very good flower pots. You can hang them, place them anywhere or even gift them to people. They are a very good housewarming gift.
Greenhouses are made from polycarbonate sheets. You can use your old sheets to make a small greenhouse of your own. You can watch videos for inspiration or take help from a professional. No matter what method you use, it will look good and creative.
You can always donate your used but still usable stuff. Polycarbonate sheets or items made from polycarbonate sheets are one of them. You choose and donate your
- CDs and DVDs
- Old pots
- Glass jars
- Mobile phones
- Containers etc.
So as we concluded, polycarbonate sheets are always and continuously recyclable. They can be used for a range of procedures. This is why it is chosen over many substances which are not recyclable. They are thermoplastics. They can be heated, cooled, made into a new substance, and again heated, cooled, and made onto a new substance over and over again.
There is a special process of recycling involved in order to maintain the quality and value of the polycarbonates. They have to be burned or heated up till they melt. The recycling process in simple words is given below:
- They have to be heated to the point of 311 degrees Fahrenheit to liquefy.
- They have to be injection molded after this
- This above process makes the recycling process easy
- Injection molding is basically a manufacturing and processing method
- It turns the molten substances and injects or puts them into the desired mold
- Then the molten material or polycarbonate is allowed to cool down
- When it cools down, it gets set into a new shape
- The molten material, in this case, was the polycarbonate
- This can be recycled or processed again and again
- They are non-biodegradable but recyclable
- This property makes them useful for an infinite amount of times and shapes
- This is environment friendly too
It can be recycled anywhere, because of the simplicity of the process. They can be recycled through the buyback programs at any manufacturer. You can also get them recycled at YiPlastics. We provide a 100% satisfactory recyclation process to ensure the best quality. We ensure the polycarbonate never ends up in the garbage and never is a cause to harm the environment. Your local recycling centers would also do this for a low price because of the ease of the process.
The simplicity and versatility of polycarbonates are making them useful in every aspect of life. They are used in many applications and they are very practical and sustainable. Book an appointment right now with us to choose the suitable polycarbonate for you and start working yourself towards a healthy and ecofriendly future. You won’t regret it!